Your Rights and Responsibilities
All students have the right to:
- be treated fairly and with respect by all students and staff
- learn in supportive environment, free from harassment, discrimination and victimisation
- access a healthy and safe space, where risks to personal health and safety are minimised
- access the personal information and records we hold on them
- have complaints and appeals dealt with fairly, promptly, confidentially and without retribution
- make appeals on procedural and assessment decisions
- receive training, assessment and support services that meet their individual needs.
- be given clear and accurate information about courses, training and assessment arrangements, and their progress.
- access the support they need to effectively participate in their training program.
All students, throughout their training and involvement with BLC are expected to:
- treat everyone with fairness and respect, and avoid behaviour that could offend, embarrass or threaten others
- refrain from harassing, victimising, discriminating against or disrupting others
- treat others and their property with respect
- respect the opinions and backgrounds of others
- follow all safety policies and procedures as directed by staff
- report perceived safety risks when arise
- refrain from carrying items that may threaten their own safety or that of others into premises being used for training purposes
- notify us if personal or contact details change
- provide relevant and accurate information to BLC in a timely manner
- approach their studies with due personal commitment and integrity
- complete all assessment tasks, learning activities and assignments honestly and free from plagiarism and copyright infringement
- hand in all assessment tasks, assignments and other evidence of work with a completed and signed cover sheet
- make regular contact with trainers and assessors
- prepare appropriately for all assessment tasks, visits and training sessions
- notify BLC if there are any difficulties which affect their involvement in a program
- notify BLC at least 12 hours prior to commencement if they are unable to attend a training session for any reason
- make payments for training within agreed timeframes (where relevant).