All students have the right to:
- Be treated fairly and with respect by all students and staff.
- Learn in a supportive environment, which is free from harassment, discrimination and victimisation.
- Learn in a healthy and safe environment where the risks to personal health and safety are minimised.
- Access personal information and records.
- Have their complaints and appeals dealt with fairly, promptly, confidentially and without retribution.
- Make appeals about procedural and assessment decisions.
- Receive training, assessment and support services that meet their individual needs.
- Be given clear and accurate information about their course, training and assessment arrangements and their progress.
- Access the support they need to effectively participate in their training program.
All students, throughout their training and involvement with, BLC are expected to:
- Treat all people with fairness and respect and not do anything that could offend, embarrass or threaten others.
- Not harass, victimise, discriminate against or disrupt others.
- Treat all others and their property with respect.
- Respect the opinions and backgrounds of others.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures as directed by staff.
- Report any perceived safety risks, as they become known.
- Do not bring any articles or items that may threaten the safety of self or others, into premises being used for training purposes,
- Notify us if any of your personal or contact details change.
- Provide relevant and accurate information to BLC in a timely manner.
- Approach your course with due personal commitment and integrity.
- Complete all assessment tasks, learning activities and assignments honestly and without plagiarism or infringing on Copyright.
- Hand in all assessment tasks, assignments and other evidence of your work with a completed and signed cover sheet.
- Make regular contact with your Trainer/Assessor.
- Prepare appropriately for all assessment tasks, visits and training sessions.
- Notify BLC if any difficulties arise as part of your involvement in the program.
- Notify BLC if you are unable to attend a training session for any reason at least 12 hours prior to the commencement of the activity.
- Make payments for you training within agreed timeframes, where relevant.