Single Touch Payroll Courses in Melbourne
Do you want to learn how to use the full capabilities of the single touch payroll Xero software or MYOB software? Blue Lotus College’s single touch payroll training program is created for self-employed and small business owners who have never used payroll/accounting software for processing payroll of their employees.
Our single touch payroll for employees program for Melbourne students is designed to provide the knowledge, training and skills required to become a Payroll Officer. With the necessary education and qualification, our online home learning program can streamline the payroll process and ensure that the process is compliant with ATO requirements.
The Government has introduced the Single Touch Payroll (STP) system to all employers effective from July 1, 2019.
Single Touch Payroll (STP) requires mandatory reporting of each employee payroll activity after each pay day. The reports use digital submission, using a very specific format.
- Small business owners
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Set employees’ card file
- Classify various employment categories
- Payroll settings
- Add superannuation detail and calculate super
- Process normal payroll
- Processing overtime
- Processing sick leave and annual leave
- Employee termination payments (ETP)
- Remit superannuation
- Payroll reconciliation for BAS
- End of the Year Payroll Activities
- Print Payroll Reports
- Print Payment Summaries
- Determine how you report through STP
- Payroll officer
- Basic computer skills
- Communication skills (Basic written and verbal English)
- Numeracy skills
Frequently Asked Questions
Single Touch Payroll (STP) is an initiative designed by the Australian Tax Office (ATO) under the Federal Government’s Digital by Default strategy and is a reporting change for employers across Australia. Employers have to report salary, wages, PAYG withholding, superannuation and other information to the ATO at every pay event.
- Payroll reporting is combined with the pay run process. This information has to be sent to the ATO every payroll event instead of once a year in July. This gives employers more time around end of financial year.
- The ATO pre-fills PAYG payroll fields W1 & W2 in the BAS, preventing any potential errors and double handling from occurring.
- Employers do not have to generate and distribute payment summaries to employees. They can attain this information online on their myGov account.
Your accountant or bookkeeper will file STP for you when handling your payroll requirements on your behalf.
If you’re wondering “is there a college near me that provides Xero or MYOB single touch payroll accounting training?”, purchase one of the online single touch payroll courses Blue Lotus College offers today. Contact us now by calling (03) 9349 2513 or emailing email@example.com to book now or to learn more about our MYOB single touch payroll training and Xero single touch payroll training.